There are no perfect parents, perfect children, or perfect people
We can only do our best, and we all need help once in a while. The Nobody’s Perfect parenting program assists parents who are young, single, isolated (socially or geographically), low-income or have limited formal education.
Nobody’s Perfect is a place where parents can:
- Meet with other parents of young children (ages 0–5)
- Share questions or concerns and ideas about being a parent
- Learn about child development, safety, health and behaviour
- Talk about real-life parenting experiences
- Work together with the support of a trained facilitator
- Discover ways of positive parenting
Within a group setting, parents participate in facilitated sessions that:
- Promote positive parenting
- Increase parents' understanding of children's health, safety, and behaviour
- Help parents build on the skills they have and learn new ones
- Improve parents' self-esteem and coping skills
- Increase self-help and mutual support
- Connect them with community services and resources
- Help prevent family violence
Nobody's Perfect is owned by the Public Health Agency of Canada and delivered in Kelowna by the YMCA of Southern Interior BC. The Nobody's Perfect program was originally developed by Health Canada and is coordinated in British Columbia by the BC Council for Families.
Please consider making a gift to the Nobody's Perfect Parenting Program today.