Spend some quality play time with your children and friends
Explore, create, imagine, and play in a variety of activities for you and your child. Meet other families through group activities in a comfortable play environment and learn about services in your community. YMCA Early Childhood Educators with skills and knowledge in child development are on site to enhance your child's success in the important early years.
YMCA Family Play Time provides:
- Meaningful play-based experiences for children ages 0–6 and family
- Access to knowledgeable professionals
- Connections with community services and supports
- Parenting education and training
- Opportunities to build friendships and supportive networks
- Individual family support to access basic needs and referrals to enhanced services
- Culturally inclusive play spaces, materials and resources
Please note: Parent/guardian supervision is required at all times.
Is Family Play Time a drop-in program?
Family Play Time is a 1-hour play program and registration is required to participate.
In Kelowna, Family Play Time runs Monday–Friday at the Kelowna Family Y. Please use the following instructions to register online.
- On mobile: download the YMCA of Southern Interior BC App from the App Store or Google Play
On computer: go to the YMCA of Southern Interior BC class booking system
- Create an account
- Select ‘Free Classes’ from menu
- Select the Family Play Time program time that works for you
- Select ‘book class’
For help registering or to book an individualized meeting, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need to cancel, please do so as soon as possible so that others can join. On the app, an option to cancel can be found by clicking "profile" in the bottom menu. On the web, an option to cancel can be found on the "My Schedule" page (under "My Info").
In Penticton, Family Play time runs Monday–Friday at the Penticton Community Centre with some outdoor days at Lakawanna Park.
For help registering or to book an individualized meeting, contact Dana at email@example.com or 250-801-7852.
Note: If you need to cancel, please be sure to give as much notice as possible so others can join.
Virtual Family Play Time
We encourage you to participate in our virtual programming by joining the YMCA Early Years Community Facebook group.
Our growing child care division offers flexible schedules, a specialized curriculum, time off the floor, and paid professional development and training opportunities in a supportive setting.
YMCA Preschool programs utilize our nationally recognized Playing to Learn™ Curriculum to ensure kindergarten readiness in a fun and educational setting.