We care about our Early Childhood Educators as much as they care about our kids!
We ensure our educators receive the support, training, and work-life balance they need to excel in their field as they foster social and emotional wellness in future generations.
- Wage based on certifications, a minimum of $24/hour (with wage enhancement) for those beginning a career as a certified ECE, with yearly wage increases
- On-site support staff, which means more flexibility and paid time off the floor
- Priority child care spaces for your family including $10/day centres
- Three weeks vacation, 12 paid wellness days, plus 5 paid family wellness days
- Pension plan that totals 10% of your earnings + comprehensive benefits plan
- A membership to the Kelowna Family Y, Downtown Y and the H2O Adventure + Fitness Centre
- Advancement opportunities — our YMCA Child Care division is growing quickly with multiple leadership roles and 4 new centres planned to open in 2023!
Paid Training for New and Current ECEs:
- Over 100 hours a year of paid professional development training during regular work hours
- Infant/Toddler, and Supported Child Development certifications gained at no cost and increased wages for you!
- Opportunities to work while you complete your education or upgrade your certifications
- Additional training in research-based YMCA Playing to Learn™ curriculum utilized across Canada
Help us make a difference. Join our team.
For those wanting to enter the field, reach out to us to learn about paid training opportunities by emailing Val at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view and apply for positions as a current employee, please log in to UKG and click "My Company", then "View Opportunities" in the sidebar menu.
"Now, nearly 10 years after moving to Canada, I am grateful to be in a leadership role in YMCA Child Care, and both of my daughters have grown up in Y child care programs, benefiting from our amazing Playing to Learn curriculum, which I wholeheartedly believe in."