We care about our Early Childhood Educators as much as they care about our kids!
We make sure our educators receive the support, training, and work-life balance they need to excel in their field, as they foster social and emotional wellness in future generations.
Y benefits include:
- Starting wage of $24/hour (with ECE wage enhancement) as a certified ECE
- Over 100 hours a year of paid professional development training during regular work hours
- Paid Professional Development days that follow the school Pro D day calendar
- On site support staff, which means more paid time off the floor!
- Your schedule will include paid planning/documentation time
- Priority child care spaces for your family (including $10/day centres)
- Opportunities to work while you complete your education or upgrade your certifications
- Three weeks vacation, 12 paid wellness days, plus 5 paid family wellness days
- Pension plan that totals 10% of your earnings + comprehensive benefits plan
- Flexible schedules to suit your lifestyle
- Additional training in research-based YMCA Playing to Learn™ curriculum utilized across Canada
- A membership to the Kelowna Family Y, Downtown Y and the H2O Adventure + Fitness Centre
- Additional paid opportunities — gain Infant Toddler and Supported Child Development certification at no cost and increase in wages for you!
- Advancement opportunities — our YMCA Child Care division is growing quickly with 4 new centres planned to open in 2023!
Help us make a difference. Join our team.
For those wanting to enter the field, reach out to us to learn about paid training opportunities by emailing Val at firstname.lastname@example.org.