At the Y, helping adults experience optimal health as they age is a top priority
Do you want to learn how to build physical activity into your lifestyle to support your health and overall well-being? Are you interested in meeting new people and being part of a safe and supportive community?
Without the right guidance, being physically active can be challenging and you might not know where to start. Choose to Move is a three-month choice-based group facilitation program that is evidence-based and helps break down barriers creating a healthy routine.
Participants are supported throughout the program with opportunities to connect with other Choose to Move participants through motivational group meetings.
- Consultation with a certified Activity Coach
- Group meetings with program participants
- Resources and tools to keep participants on track
To participate in the program you must be:
- An older adult who is physically inactive
- Medically cleared to exercise by your physician
- Not a current member of the YMCA
- Not a previous participant in the Choose to Move program
To inquire about Choose to Move, please call Adriane Long at 250-491-9622 ext 224 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Choose to Move is an initiative of the Active Aging Society and UBC's Active Aging Research Team—and is made possible through funding from the BC Ministry of Health.